Sunday, November 9, 2014

Week 12

Well, it was another good week.  I lost 2.7 lbs for a total of 45.9 lbs in 12 weeks.. That's an average 3.8 lbs a week.. I'll take it!  This week I did 3 days of Richard Simmons' "Party Off the Pounds" video.  I tried an hour session of Yoga (OUCH!) and I didn't cheat on my Atkins Diet.
Just for kicks, I tried on some of my 'skinny' clothes.  You know, those clothes that you still have in your closet from when you were skinnier and you haven't thrown out because you just know you're going to get back into someday?  You know those clothes?  You know YOU have them!  Well, when I started this diet, I was wearing a 3XL shirt.  The black shirt in this week's picture is a single XL.   The pants in my original picture were a 50w.  The jeans in this week's picture is a very loose 44w.  I tried on a 42w and even though I could put them on and button them, the were tight and very unflattering.  I think 10 more pounds lost and they'll fit just fine.. I'll keep you updated.
On a personal note, I feel great.  I have energy, my mind is clear and sharp (I've heard that a 'foggy' head was a side effect of cutting the carbs), my joints and back aren't hurting hardly anymore.  Life it good. :-)
Until next week, stay healthy and no cheating. If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself of the life and body you want.