Thursday, March 22, 2007

Did I Pass the Restaurant Test?

I had lunch today with some good friends and they wanted to go to Copeland's Famous New Orleans Restaurant. http://www.copelandsofneworleans.com/ I'm thinking to myself, this is going to be hell. Copleland's has awesome cajun food, most of which is fried, most of which is my favorite. In fact, Copeland's Restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants in Albuquerque. (Copeland's originated in New Orleans, my home town). So I took a deep breath and went to lunch.

When I walked in, the aroma of the food blew me away. I was salivating at the thought of a fried seafood platter. We got to our table, I order Iced Tea and began to look at the menu. I saw all my favorites, they were all calling to me "pick me, pick me!". But to be totally honest, I wasn't interested!!! What has happened to me?

I found out the fish of the day (Tilapia) and ordered it. It came with "Red Potatoes" which is this awesome dish of softened red potatoes smothered with butter and garlic and some secret cajun spices.. take my word for it, they will blow you away. I asked if I could get fresh steamed veggies instead. It was kind of weird, I really didn't think about asking for the veggies, I just did it.

My blackened Talipia came with a very generous serving of fresh steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, squash, peppers, etc.) . They were awesome. The whole lunch was awesome. I ate and was very satisfied. I ate 1/2 of what was brought and took the other 1/2 home for tomorrow's dinner. I didn't feel cheated at all. I was very glad and proud of myself for eating sensibly. Plus I didn't have to deal with the after restaurant guilt.

I think I passed the test!!

24 days now on the You: On a Diet plan and still kicking butt!

Rich
n2styx@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.