Thursday, January 21, 2021

Day 15 - January 21, 2021 - Week 2.  This has been a very difficult week for me.  First of all, my New Orleans Saints lost their playoff game.  Watching a football game means snacks and food, right?!?!  While I didn't feel deprived, I was craving my normal football snacks.  I resisted. I didn't 'cheat'!!  After the Saints lost, I wanted to eat some sort of comfort food.  I wanted to drown my sorrow in food.  I resisted. I persisted. I overcame the urge!  I didn't cheat.   

Then, yesterday, Joe Biden became our 46th President.  I watched the inauguration on television from sun up to sun down.  Again, it was another typical snacking scenario. I wanted to celebrate the day and the events with food.  Isn't that we usually do, celebrate with food?  It was a hard day.  I resisted, I persisted, I overcame.  So, today I stepped on the scale and I lost 3.4 pounds.  I feel like I should have lost more, but from history, I know week 2 of any diet is the week where people don't lose a lot of weight.  I think our bodies are adjusting and can't decide whether to store or burn fat..   Anyway, at the end of  2 weeks of dieting, I'm down 19.2 pounds!  That's fantastic!!  Here's to another week of a new beginning!!..



2 comments:

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.