Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 3

Sorry for the delay in the post, but I went on a little adventure in the Southwest. I went to Carlsbad Caverns in Carlsbad, NM; OK Corral in Tombstone, AZ; Queen Mine in Bisbee, AZ; Lavender Pit Mine in Lowell, AZ; El Paso TX.  I did a lot of walking. Took a ghost tour. Saw several cowboys doing a reenactment of the gunfight at the OK Corral and saw the beautiful Southwest US. It was gorgeous!!  Anyway, I'm back, here we go....

I switched to Atkins 6 days ago because my low fat diet stalled (9 days with no weight loss).  I usually weigh in on Sundays, but I was on my adventure, so I weighed in today.   After 6 days on Atkins, I lost 5.7 lbs!! No too shabby and I'm liking this diet A LOT more than the low fat diet.

The basics of the Atkins diet in Stage 1 is to eat 20 grams of Carbs a day. Of that 20 grams of Carbs, 10-15 grams of those carbs come from non-starchy vegetables.  The other 5-10 grams of carbs come from quality protein  (meats, eggs, etc.).  It's easy and more tasty that the low fat diet.  I truly hope this diet doesn't stall. I need the instant gratification.   I can post pictures on Facebook of my trip if ya'll want to see some pictures.  Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.