Thursday, April 5, 2007

Upping the Ante

When I started my treadmill 5 weeks ago, I started doing the easiest level program for 'weight loss' that my treadmill offered. I figured, ok ok, I'll give this You On a Diet thing a try, but I ain't going to kill myself. After my first 30 minutes on the treadmill, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!!! My heart was pounding, the sweat was pouring from all my pores, my joints ached. I thought, Ok, I get it, the YOAD works, because it will kill you and then as your body decays, you'll lose weight. The next day, I wasn't thrilled to jump back on the treadmill, but I figured since I dished out $1000 for this sucker, I might as well use it. So I hopped back on, doing level one again. Next day, level one again. I've been doing level 1 every day until today. I noticed that I was no longer huffing and puffing, I wasn't panting, I actually was able to hold a conversation on the phone while now doing level one. In fact, the walking was down right easy. Piece of cake!! So I figured, "what the heck, let's do level two!" This surely would have allowed my kids to benefit from my life insurance policy 5 weeks ago. So I took a deep breath and did level 2 today. The pace was faster (alternating between 3.5 and 4 mph, and inclines from 5-6%) (yeah, it's a fancy treadmill, it adjusts by itself - faster, slower, more incline, less incline, it even comes with a built in tv, what can I say, I'm spoiled).
Anyway, after doing level 2, I wasn't winded, I wasn't huffing and puffing, even though the pace was faster and the inclines were more). What has happened to me? Whatever is going on, I think I like it. I did sweat more and according to the readout, I burned 40 more calories during the workout. NO MORE WOOOSIE LEVEL ONE'S FOR ME!!!

On another note, I experimented tonight with a recipe. I made the Tomato-Avocado Salsamole recipe on page 302 from the You On A Diet book (I've made this before and loved it). Then I put a "whole wheat" tortilla on a baking sheet and put in under the broiler until the tortilla turned dark brown, then I flipped it over, put some olive oil and sea salt on it, and then I put some chopped-up chicken breast pieces and a little bit of cheese and put it back under the broiler. I left it in there until the tortilla got crisp. I then took it out and put some of the Tomato-Avocado Salsamole on half of the tortilla and then folded it in half. IT WAS AWESOME. I COULD LIVE ON THAT!! IT HAD CRUNCH, IT WAS SALTY, IT WAS SPICY. I was in food heaven! ( can you tell I really liked it??). Can I really eat like this and continue to lose weight?? We'll all find out next Wednesday.

Take Care, Eat Well.

Rich
n2styx@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.