Friday, June 22, 2007

Nectar of the Gods

I've received many emails lately asking me how I curb my hunger and what do I do about sugar cravings. So here goes....

To curb those hunger pains: First of all, I usually eat about every 2 hours. Main Meal, snack, Main Meal, Snack, Main Meal, Snack. That routine usually keeps me from getting really hungry. But when I just have to have something, I grab some raw walnuts and/or grab a "Pepsi Jazz Strawberries and Cream Soda" or a "Diet Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream" and drink them quickly. The carbonation, I think makes my tummy feel full, I feel bloated and the hunger is gone. I also take a short walk, around the block, around the neighborhood. That little amount of exercise takes the edge off my hunger.


For my sugar cravings, again, the NECTAR OF THE GODS.. "Jazz Strawberries and Cream Soda" or a "Diet Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream". Not only do I find that these soda curb my hunger, they take the edge off my sugar cravings. If I feel I need something more tactile, I'll eat some frozen blueberries, low/non fat yogurt, chew Trident Sugar Free Cinnamon Gum (see a former blog for Trident information), a square of Trader Joe's 72% Dark Chocolate or suck on a Sugar Free Creme Saver Strawberries & Cream Hard candy.

These work for me, indivdual results will vary. I've heard that if you eat sugar free candies and sodas that this will only intensify your craving for real sugar and more sweets. This isn't the case for me. My cravings are gone after a Creme Saver or a Diet Soda. Again, this works for me, individual results may vary.

Take Care, Eat Well.
Rich
n2styx@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.