Thursday, July 26, 2007

Good News in the Mail Today

okokokokok, I'm sooo over being bummed yesterday, especially after I got my mail today. I got the results of my blood tests I had done while having my annual physical a couple of weeks ago.

My Total Cholesterol is 149!!
< 200 is desirable,
200-239 is Borderline High,
>240 call the mortician.

My LDL (Bad, Lousy, Cholesterol) is 90!!!
<100 is Optimal
100-129 Near optimal
130-159 Borlerline High
160-189 High
>190 Don't make plans for Christmas

My HDL (good Cholesterol - Higher is Better) is 49!!!
< 40 LOW
>60 HIGH

My Triglycerides is 49!!! Triglycerides is blood fat. May be associated with heart disease and stroke.
<150 is Normal
150-199 Borderline High
200-499 HIGH
>500 - Just squeeze some of your blood in the pot, you can fry chicken with it.

Not too shabby for a 43 year old still technically 'obese' guy, eh? Thank you Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen for not only helping me lose the weight, but making me a very healthy man.


Take Care,
Eat Well,

Rich

2 comments:

  1. Don't be to hard on yourself for not losing this week. Look at your face in these pictures!! You look like father and son!! And they are both you! clap...clap...clap....good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!! Those are some fantastic numbers, Rich...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.