Thursday, September 13, 2007

State Fair

I went to the New Mexico State Fair today. It is held near downtown Albuquerque at the state fair grounds. And let me tell you, I was bad.

Every year I have fried cheesecake. I know, I know, it's probably the worst thing I could eat while being on YOAD. I know, I know, "Fried Cheesecake?" Yeah, they take a frozen piece of cheesecake, batter it up, stick a stick in it and set that puppy in the deep fat frier. Then they sprinkly powdered sugar on it and pour some chocolate or raspberry sauce on it.!! I know, I know, you're thinking 'eeeew'.. but let me tell you, I crave it every year during the State Fair. And come HELL or High Water or YOAD, I'M HAVING MY YEARLY PIECE OF FRIED CHEESECAKE!!. Just one piece, just once a year.

I also had my annual "Navaho Taco". (It's fried bread (think big sopapilla), with red chili sauce, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, ground beef, beans.) Besides for the Fried Bread, the Navaho Taco isn't that Un-YOAD. All in all, I had a fun day. I walked my 30 minutes on my treadmill before I went, and walked 4 hours while at the fair. (Except when I sat to eat my Fried Cheesecake and Navaho Taco (at different sittings, eating them together would just be gross)).

Anyway, I'm back home and my muscles ache. I guess that's a good thing. A combination of my 4.5 hours of walking today and my Intermediate YOAD workout yesterday (Shannon, I am too 'intermediate'!!). Tomorrow I'm back strictly on YOAD and on Sunday, I go back to the gym!! Damn this 218 roadblock. Come hell or high water, or Fried Cheesecake, I'm getting down to 197!!

Rich

4 comments:

  1. Rich,

    You've mastered YOAD, clearly. The doctors would want you to have that yearly piece of cheesecake, and that taco.

    Wouldn't it be wild if one day of "splurging" would be the key to sending you down the rest of the way to 197?

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about the say the same. I betcha that you'll see a drop in numbers within the next couple of weeks.

    The Los Angeles County Fair is here now and I'm planning to go next weekend. I'm not much of a fried food fan but do love funnel cakes. Hopefully I won't even see the funnel cake stand this year!

    dara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwwww...fried cheesecake?! LOL! Just the thought of that, even at my fattest, made/makes me want to hurl! You are too funny!
    However, that being said--I'm glad you did that. It's something you planned for and did--not spur of the moment. I'm glad you enjoyed it and even more glad the YOU turn has taken place.
    Oh yes, MR you are more than intermediate! LOL! Anyone that's lost almost 80 pounds--that is one advanced exerciser---perhaps a PhD of exercising! ;-) (even if our bodies don't realize it yet---they'll come around).
    YOU are amazing, as usual!
    Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon says eww, but I say, where do I sign up? I live in Indiana where we'll fry anything that stops moving long enough...Oreos, Snickers Bars, Cheesecake, Twinkies, and so on...lol

    ReplyDelete

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.