Sunday, September 16, 2007

Yummy Fajitas Tacos

This was so simple to make, I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I thought it up myself and it was quick, and easy and oh sooo yummy.

Slice 1 BELL PEPPER and put it in a gallon sized ziploc bag.
Slice 1/2 YELLOW ONION and put it in the ziploc bag.
Add 1 TBSP. of Olive Oil and Seal Bag, shake it up a little, mix it around and set it aside.

Broil Chicken Breasts (Broil whatever amount you want, but at least 1) and slice into slices and set aside

Prepare the Tomato-Salsamole on Page 302 in the YOAD book and set aside.

Add the Green Pepper/Onion Mixture from the ziploc bag to a hot skillet and saute until the unions are limp and set aside.

Take 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla and put a little bit of Olive Oil on 1 side with a dash of salt. Place oil side down on a baking sheet and oil and salt the top side. Place under a broiler until the tortilla starts turning brown. When the top turns brown, flip the tortilla over and brown the other side.

When the second side of the tortilla is brown, remove from the broiler and add some chicken breast slices to 1/2 the torilla, add the some of the onion/bell pepper mixture to 1/2 the tortilla, add some tomato-salsamole to 1/2 of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half to form a taco and MUNCH AWAY!

Let me know what you think if you try it. It filled me up!!

As Always,

Take Care, Eat Well.

Rich

PS. Dr. OZ will be on Oprah tomorrow (Monday, 9/17/2007)

7 comments:

  1. Richard thanks for letting ys know about Dr.Oz being on Oprah do you know if its a rerun or new . Have a great afternoon .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Oz is also on the Discovery Channel tonight to discuss "The Truth About Food". I think at 8pm E/P time.

    dara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you guys watch Dr.Oz , It was once again very informative and made me even more excited about this way of live with the You plan . I dont really care for Bob Green Oprahs other guest .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I watched OZ on Oprah and he WAS very informative. I also watched his special on Discovery Health Channel last night. I learned LOTS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I watched that one on Discovery also . I love Dr.Oz .I wish he was my doctor . By the way I lost 2 more lbs this last week . I walked alot at the family reunion and played vollyball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 2 pounds!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.