Wednesday, August 8, 2007

75 Down, 25 to GO!

It was a stellar week. I lost a whopping 9 pounds this week!! I'm down 75 pounds, which is 3 pounds from my mini goal of 219 (The lowest I've ever weighed in my adult life) and just 25 pounds away from my ultimate goal of losing 100 pounds!! Yay!

If you remember last week, I spent several days, not exercising and eating whatever I wanted. The result was that I gained 2 pounds last week. Well here's what I was thinking.. Since I hit a plateau, I was trying to figure why. I was still exercising, still eating right, but yet, my body quit losing weight, it went on strike. So I thought, "ok, my body must be thinking that I'm starving, that I'm losing too much weight and it was starting to hold on to what it still had." So I ate a lot of 'No No' foods, lots of carbs, lots of calories and gained 2 pounds last week. I went back on YOAD, did my hour of walking and this week I've lost 9 pounds. My body must be saying 'Ok, crisis over, the guy's not starving, let's lose some more weight'. Now, this is NO WAY scientific, it was just what I was thinking. I don't really know how many calories I eat during a normal YOAD day, but it seems like maybe I should be increasing those so my body doesn't go in starvation mode.

Anyway, Here's the numbers, I've condensed the list to list results for every 5 weeks up to week 20...

Week.....Date.......Weight.....Lost.....Waist....Lost

Start.2/28/2007.......297.....n/a.......57......n/a
5.......4/04/2007.......271.....26........52........5
10.....5/09/2007.......254.....43........47........9
15.....6/13/2007.......240.....57........44.......13
20.....7/18/2007.......229.....68........41.......16
21.....7/25/2007.......229.....68........41.......16
22.....8/01/2007.......231.....66........41.......16
23.....8/08/2007......222......75........39.......18




12 comments:

  1. Congrats Rich you are doing great , Your my hero . I keep telling you that and I hope you know that we all look up to you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rena. It really is overwhelming hearing from people that I have movtivated to lose weight. But to be called 'hero'.. wow. I'm glad I can be the motivator, but it's all up to YOU. YOU have to do it, and YOU have, Rena. Keep it up!

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rich, my name is Chari and I have seen your posts in YOAD forum and in Shannon and Elizabeth's blogs. Just wanted to come over and introduce myself as a fellow YOADer. Congrats on your journey!
    75 pounds is awesome.

    I read this quote over at Shannon's blog and thought I would reply.

    "so where's this Spark thingy and how come nobody told me about it??
    Rich"

    This is mine, it' free to join and I had to enter some of my own foods, but once you have them in there..it's easy to enter daily.

    http://sparkpeople.com/mypage_tracker.asp?id=SURFER376&dte=8%2F7%2F2007
    Copy and paste that into your browser-Haven't figured out codes to link yet.

    They do talk about it over at real age. YOAD forums, I just did a search.

    Hope this helps, good luck and I will check back soon.

    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chari. I googled it, found it, and have started using the calorie counter tool. It's great. I even posted a link to Spark People on my blog under 'Relevant Links"..

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool , I'm going to check it right now.

    Stay strong!

    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I thought I was going to see your page.

    Not there....

    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Page Yet.... Just a link to the Spark People Home Page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I just don't know what else to say, Rich. You are truly an inspiration.

    Way to go!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, friend. It really makes me feel good that I'm helping other people get motivated. But in the end, it's all up to them. They have to do it, AND THEY CAN!!

    Keep up your good work, Elizabeth. I wish I had the stamina to hit the gym as much as you!! Maybe when the kids go back to school, I'll have the time.

    Take Care,
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  11. WTG Rich!! I am so proud of you and super happy for you too! You are looking and I'm sure feeling great!
    Keep up the amazing work! What an amazing transformation both inside & out!
    Hugs from AZ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Mean, hateful, bigoted remarks will not be tolerated and will be deleted.